Sat, 10 December 2022
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover - Studio Pavilion, House for an Art Lover, Bellahouston Park, 10 Dumbreck Road, Glasgow G41 5BW
This workshop will introduce the ancient art of woodcut printing using a still life arrangement to draw from. Participants will learn how to carve out their design using traditional woodcut tools, learning how to us the tools to simplify objects into bold shapes, suggest tone through pattern and describe finer details using line. This workshop is perfect for beginners or those taking a step up from Lino printing but will also provide elements of traditional drawing technique as well for those keen to brush up on their draughtsmanship.
STRUCTURE AND COURSE CONTENT
- Using still life arrangements to create a series of sketches to inspire your woodcut designs.
- Transferring images to your woodblock.
- Introduction to using woodcut tools.
- Looking at mark making to create different textures and levels of detail.
- Ink mixing and printing.
- Participants will come away with a series of prints on paper.
Posted by: Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover