- .@jupiterartland are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Assistant Communictions Coordinator with a passion for visua… https://t.co/K5Z8GB7Har
- Episode 10: A Means Without End is an exciting 5 day programme of #Screenings, #Performance, #Discussions and… https://t.co/J0Gyl6NyMc
- .@N_B_Project invite #artists to apply for a commission opportunity to explore ideas of solidarity, social justice… https://t.co/wxerkaiBuh
Browse content by theme:
A Noise Evening | listening event of shared sound
17:30 on 29 November 2018
Cooper Gallery, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design
A Noise Evening
Listening event of shared sound
Thursday 29 November, 5.30–8pm
Spinning off from Bow Gamelan Ensemble’s exhibition Great Noises that Fill the Air, Cooper Gallery will be opening its ears for a listening session of avant-garde, experimental and obscure noise. A Noise Evening will be an informal night of listening together to a playlist built from an open call for sounds shared in resonance with the milieu of Bow Gamelan Ensemble.
If you would like to share…
To share in the building of this cacophony of sound, submit your suggestions and the following information via our email address: Exhibitions@dundee.ac.uk
- Duration (of no more than 10mins)
- Why you have suggested it
- Your name, a 20-word biography, email address, any social media handles and weblinks you wish to include.
Nominated sound works could be anything from classical, electro acoustic, glitch, industrial, Musique concrete or No Wave or any other experiments in sound.
Cooper Gallery will publish the selected tracks and sound pieces alongwith submitters’ biography and annotations on our website and in print on the night.
Please send the sound file by wetransfer or dropbox – do not attach them to the email as this will trigger our spam filter.
Deadline for suggestions is Monday 26 November, 9am.
There is no fee for submitters.
The event is free and is part of Cooper Gallery’s Event Series for Great Noises That Fill The Air, Bow Gamelan Ensemble’s first retrospective.
Exhibition runs 27 October – 15 December 2018
Find out more about Bow Gamelan Ensemble’s exhibition at Cooper Gallery here.