- #SCANmember @waspsstudios are looking for an experienced individual to deliver a strategic marketing and communicat… https://t.co/2HZn7SgCA7
- .@CovePark have launched an Alumni page to highlight ways in which they can continue to support and work with artis… https://t.co/vJEiertWLs
- Applications for @StillsEdinburgh school are open! Open to 16 - 25 year olds, Stills School is an alternative, intr… https://t.co/01B2JWpJF8
Browse content by theme:
Botanical Fabric Screen-Printing
10:00 on 14 August 2020
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover
TUTOR Martha Orbach
DAY Friday 10am – 4pm
DATES 14 August
LOCATION Art Studios
Create and print your own botanical designs on fabric, drawing inspiration from the gardens at the House for an Art Lover.
Weather permitting, we will start by sketching outdoors then bring our sketches in to the studio to work up in to two colour designs for screen-printing. Creating paper stencils to print on to fabric, t-shirts, totebags – anything you like!
· Introduction to screen printing on textiles
· Introduction to paper-cutting and stencil making
· Introduction to botanical drawing and plant structure.
· Colour mixing and colour separations
· Using colour effectively
*please bring t-shirts, tops or any type of natural fabric that you would like to print on. 100% cotton is a good place to start and avoid synthetics like nylon which do not absorb the inks. Extra blank tote bags will be available to buy at cost price of £1.50