- .@MuseumsGalScot are looking for an experienced professional to join their Grants team, supporting Scotland’s museu… https://t.co/6lZusPANM5
- RT @DeveronProjects: We are seeking a new Director! Our founding Director Claudia is stepping down after 25 years, so we are now looking fo…
- 📣Calling all SCAN Members! 📣 This week's online member meet on Thur 6 Aug will provide a great opportunity to meet… https://t.co/ez6m3jlAkY
Browse content by theme:
10:00 on 8 July 2020
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover
TUTOR Martha Orbach
DAY Wednesday 10am – 4pm
DATES 8 July
LOCATION Art Studios
Come and be inspired by the myriad of colours and shapes in nature. During this course you will create your own two colour screen-print inspired by the botanical forms at House for an Art Lover.
We will start by sketching in the gardens and grounds – seeing what catches our eye on this particular day, in this particular season, in this particular place.
These drawings will then be bought back to the studio and developed into designs for screen-printing. You will learn how to transform your sketches into two colour stencils for printing. We will then print all of the designs, working together as a team, and you will take home your own mini-edition of 8 prints.
– Introduction to screen printing.
– Introduction to paper-cutting and stencil making.
– Introduction to botanical drawing and plant structure.
– Colour mixing and colour separations.
*please bring t-shirts, tops or any type of natural fabric that you would like to print on. 100% cotton is a good place to start and avoid synthetics like nylon which do not absorb the inks. Blank tote bags will be available to buy at cost price of £1.50