- .@EdMorganTrust and @CreativeScots are offering 8 x £750 grants to give #EdwinMorgan’s work a ‘second life’. This… https://t.co/xUCDcPK7Ww
- RT @FionaHyslop: I welcome the Covid crisis support for Culture from the UK Government funded from the extensive borrowing powers they hold…
- 📣Calling all SCAN members📣 This weeks online member meet up is all about how #artorganisations can function as… https://t.co/7dr9WHLGPS
Browse content by theme:
Course - School of Sideways Sculpture with Charlotte Barker
11 October 2019 until 13 December 2019
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
School of Sideways Sculpture is a ten week course based around the practice of a contemporary artist based in Scotland. This term is led by Charlotte Barker and will focus on ceramics. The course gives you the chance to develop ideas and test different creative approaches over a period of time. The first five weeks are artist-led workshops and the second half of the course allows you studio time to explore your own creative project with support from the tutor.
During the first five weeks you will learn clay working techniques for sculptural building and creating painterly surfaces, this will include:
- Construction of forms using hand building techniques such as pinching, coiling, slab-building and press moulding in plaster
- Clay colour marbling, slip based surface techniques such as sgraffito and applying glazes
This course is ideal if you are interested in developing your own work or are curious to learn more about contemporary art.
The course price includes:
- Week 1-5 – all materials and one course firing
- Week 6 -10 – 15 hours studio time with tutorials on Friday mornings
Charlotte Barker is a sculptor working primarily in ceramics. She graduated with MA Ceramics from Royal College of Art in 2015 and Glasgow School of Art in 2010. Recent exhibitions include Flotilla, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, The Pioneers, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and Fresh, British Ceramics Biennial, Stoke-on-Trent.
Course runs :
Fridays, 11 October – 13 December, 10 – 1pm, £260 (£234)