- 🌟Work with us as our Artist / Policy Officer Could you help SCAN place artists at the heart of our policy and advo… https://t.co/ClegMJOmbW
- To support organisations applying for the @CreativeScots Cultural Organisations and Venues Recovery Fund we will be… https://t.co/Zsu8QEhOIk
- .@LUXScotland's ONE ARTIST | ONE WORK takes place on 29 September with Rosie Roberts. For each event, an artist ba… https://t.co/rjJsHkCMwM
Browse content by theme:
Creative Writing and Self Publishing
6 September 2019 until 8 September 2019
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover
Over the course of three days we will explore the practices of creative writing and publishing. Through discussion, reading, writing and hands-on publication-making, participants will have the opportunity to generate new writing, learn practical tools and tactics for publishing, and think about how these two practices can and might creatively intertwine.
Participants will come away from this workshop with:
• Practical techniques and creative approaches for writing and publishing
• Knowledge of writers from across genres
• Knowledge of independent and self-publishing networks and practices
• An understanding of how writing and publishing can meet, influence and generate the other
• Confidence in sharing work-in-progress with peers, with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
• Appreciation of their own existing knowledge, experience and capabilities
• Original work to develop independently
Included in the price of the workshop is a free induction to Publication Studio, a self-publishing resource housed within the CCA, Glasgow.
Tutors Cristina Garriga and Joanna Peace have known and worked together over a number of years, and bring their creative and professional experiences to this course.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 10am – 4pm