- 📢MEMBER SPOTLIGHT📢 @DundeeCeramics is an open-access studio in the city of Dundee. They provide opportunities for… https://t.co/4wi0I42HHe
- Altering Perception Call for Proposals for Public Exhibition at @CCA_Glasgow Closing Date for Proposals: 24 Februa… https://t.co/O2UwqwNLfT
- Michael Wildman: Where I Stand @UprightGallery until 28 February Over the years Michael has built up a collection… https://t.co/GTE0CfqycS
Browse content by theme:
10:00 on 9 February 2020
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover
TUTOR Mobile Print Studio
DAY Sunday 10am – 4pm
DATES 9 February
LOCATION Art Studios
This full day workshop will give you a comprehensive introduction to Intaglio printmaking, a remarkably simple process which produces beautiful marks through the use of engraved lines. We will look at different approaches to mark making and engraving and experiment with outcomes. Participants will learn how to use traditional etching tools to create multi-colour plates with a variety of tones, shapes and textures. This course is great for beginners but will also cover some valuable tips and tricks for the more experienced print-maker.
Structure and Course Content:
– Introduction to Intaglio printing.
– Experimenting with mark making to achieve dynamic images.
– Shaped plates.
– Inking up and printing.
– Developing techniques from the morning session we will work on a 2-plate design, thinking about colour and tone.
– Introducing Chine Collé (collage) into your work, using coloured and patterned papers and cuttings from newspapers.
– Participants will come away with a diverse series of prints on paper.