- We’re seeking a Digital Storyteller who can create great content for our socials and e-newsletter to maintain & gro… https://t.co/oH7oYpOzNc
- .@CreativeScots Digital Pivot Support has re-opened for a second cycle. Open to #artists, #makers or organisations… https://t.co/sdMbj96g7G
- 📣📣 Museums and galleries included in the Phase 3 @scotgov announcements; they can open with physical distancing fro… https://t.co/bPLVGm51sv
Browse content by theme:
Wood Carving with Birthe Jorgensen
6 February 2019 until 27 March 2019
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
What does the course cover?
This 8 week course will introduce you to basic hand carving techniques for making a 3 dimensional carving in lime wood. The course is physical, fun and challenging!
Who will this course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience – People looking to develop their artistic skills – People who enjoy or benefit from individual focussed attention from the tutor
All tools and materials included in course price
What level of experience do I need?
Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills
Who teaches it?
- Birthe Jorgensen – Graduated with BA Hons Sculpture from Central Saint Martin’s College of Art
(2003) and the MLitt Sculpture from Glasgow School of Art (2013). – Worked as a Live Visual Artist in the interdisciplinary company Apocryphal Theatre
in London and worked as a lecturer in the Sculpture and Environmental Art
department. – She has exhibited widely, and is currently a long term artist in resident with
Glasgow Refugee Asylum and Migration Network (University of Glasgow)