- Part of the @PierArtsCentre 40th anniversary celebrations, A Life of Giving includes letters, publications and phot… https://t.co/Rrk9WMowbC
- . @artfund and @CreativeScots are keen to hear from #museums, #galleries and #culturalorganisations of all kinds t… https://t.co/WNWm6mj20t
- Applications for @craftscotland's COMPASS: Emerging #Maker Programme 2020 are now open. This #opportunity is suitab… https://t.co/2xLMWnB4GP
Browse content by theme:
Wood Carving with Birthe Jorgensen
6 February 2019 until 27 March 2019
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
What does the course cover?
This 8 week course will introduce you to basic hand carving techniques for making a 3 dimensional carving in lime wood. The course is physical, fun and challenging!
Who will this course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience – People looking to develop their artistic skills – People who enjoy or benefit from individual focussed attention from the tutor
All tools and materials included in course price
What level of experience do I need?
Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills
Who teaches it?
- Birthe Jorgensen – Graduated with BA Hons Sculpture from Central Saint Martin’s College of Art
(2003) and the MLitt Sculpture from Glasgow School of Art (2013). – Worked as a Live Visual Artist in the interdisciplinary company Apocryphal Theatre
in London and worked as a lecturer in the Sculpture and Environmental Art
department. – She has exhibited widely, and is currently a long term artist in resident with
Glasgow Refugee Asylum and Migration Network (University of Glasgow)