- A new opportunity📣 - @talbotrice75 gallery is looking for 5 emerging Scotland based #artists to join them at the Un… https://t.co/Nm9PEJVOlo
- Last call 📢 @SSWLumsden is offering two Into the Mountain traineeships in partnership with @Mountain_Scot The aim i… https://t.co/pm2vBmdcXg
- Applications are now open for the next round of #Mandate! #Mandate funds people to attend events, to ensure that a… https://t.co/1OQRjmu5SJ
Browse content by theme:
Wood Carving with Birthe Jorgensen
6 February 2019 until 27 March 2019
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop
What does the course cover?
This 8 week course will introduce you to basic hand carving techniques for making a 3 dimensional carving in lime wood. The course is physical, fun and challenging!
Who will this course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience – People looking to develop their artistic skills – People who enjoy or benefit from individual focussed attention from the tutor
All tools and materials included in course price
What level of experience do I need?
Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills
Who teaches it?
- Birthe Jorgensen – Graduated with BA Hons Sculpture from Central Saint Martin’s College of Art
(2003) and the MLitt Sculpture from Glasgow School of Art (2013). – Worked as a Live Visual Artist in the interdisciplinary company Apocryphal Theatre
in London and worked as a lecturer in the Sculpture and Environmental Art
department. – She has exhibited widely, and is currently a long term artist in resident with
Glasgow Refugee Asylum and Migration Network (University of Glasgow)