- Doro Zinn’s 'Save It For A Rainy Day' is an intimate portrait and story of the resilience of people in the #Gorbals… https://t.co/JMa7Aez7gf
- .@StillsEdinburgh are looking for an early-career #photographer to develop a new body of work that responds creativ… https://t.co/fFUmYL3mhL
- RT @StuMcMillanSNP: Here's this week's #FiveThings, which includes: - @RIGArtsGreenock & @sca_net🎨 - @RoyalMail📬 - @thebeaconarts🎭 - @Gree…
Browse content by theme:
Wasps: South Block Receptionist - Part Time
Holiday, Sickness & Events Cover
Administrative, Arts, Marketing & Property Support
The role is an important post within the organisation as it will be the first point of contact at South Block for most of the enquiries from our tenants and the general public. It will also provide support to property, marketing and arts enterprise.
South Block is a fantastic creative hub in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City. It currently houses over 100 visual artists and creative industry companies working in design, architecture, digital media, games development and training. South Block was developed by Wasps Studios and Wasps’ Creative Industries CIC and opened in late 2011. It is a vibrant hub for Glasgow’s creative community who can meet and come together in The Project by Dear Green, South Block’s popular coffee shop. In 2013 South Block won the RIAS Andrew Doolan Prize for “Best Building in Scotland”.
The Receptionist will report to the Executive Director – Corporate Services at Wasps Limited and will first and foremost provide reception and front of house support for South Block. The role is to provide holiday, events and sickness cover as required in conjunction with the two job share receptionist roles. Similar cover may also be required at Wasps Head Office at The Briggait. Duties will include:
• Provide a warm welcome to all South Block companies, their clients and visitors.
• Update and maintain meeting room bookings.
• Manage, sort and direct all incoming mail and deliveries.
• Report any building maintenance problems to Wasps’ maintenance team.
• Manage, programme and issue keys, ensuring all keys are accounted for at all times.
• Provide support in organising and helping with installation and invigilation at evening and weekend exhibitions and events.
• Assist with running the Arts Enterprise tenant shop based in the reception space.
• Update company names on tenant directories.
• Deal with any tenant enquiries about the operation of the building.
• Circulate information to building users.
• Provide the public with information about South Block and Wasps Studios.
• Assist with updating social media and marketing for South Block.
• Manage the rota with the other post holder to maintain continuity of service.
• Other duties as instructed by the senior management team of Wasps Limited or Executive Directors.
As first point of contact for companies and visitors, the receptionist is a vital role for the smooth running of South Block. To be suitable for this role you must have the following values, attitude and experience:
• Qualified or previous experience in administrative/reception role
• Good timekeeping
• A friendly and welcoming manner
• Smart appearance
• Excellent face to face customer service skills
• Good organisational skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• An interest in visual arts, design and creative industries
• Previous retail experience is desirable
• Some flexibility of working hours to cover holidays and additional hours as required
• Flexible and positive approach to your work and helping out Wasps and other companies at South Block
Place of Work
The post will be based at South Block, 60 Osborne Street, Glasgow, G1 5HQ with some duties at Wasps’ Head Office located nearby at The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow, G1 5HZ.
Hours of Work
The hours will vary each week as the role is providing holiday, sickness and events cover but will equate to at least 10 weeks FTE per annum.
The rate of pay is £9.00 per hour. This is payable in arrears by credit transfer to your bank account in monthly intervals on or around 28th day of each month. The post holder will be paid for actual hours worked as recorded on a time sheet.
For further details please contact:
Stuart McCue-Dick, Executive Director – Corporate Services
Wasps Studios, The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow G1 5HZ
Tel: 0141 553 5890
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to Stuart McCue-Dick at the above email address by Friday 21 June at 5pm. Please include the contact names, phone numbers and email addresses for 2 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. Submissions should be titled: Private and Confidential – Job Application
Please follow the link below for full application pack