- SCAN member: Sophie Morrish https://t.co/DB0NQ5m6gX Sophie Morrish is a visual artist with a long-standing commit… https://t.co/ByejpTC1TY
- Reach Scotland Residency applications now open! @ESWsculpture's Reach Scotland Programme allows artists to access… https://t.co/Zxj1WsFHVu
- SCAN member - Jenny Pope https://t.co/lc7oKVZkaS Image: Tools to Evoke Change (photo: Alistair Clark Photography) https://t.co/d69SYhICcV
Browse content by theme:
UPDATED: Our Statement: Keeping your voice heard in the face of Covid-19
As events move quickly we wanted to share with you what we are doing with and for members and the contemporary visual art sector as a whole.
As of this week, we will be focusing on:
For our members:
- Free renewals to our members for the next six months
- Regular member meetings and targeted advice, with details to come
- We will continue to share and promote the good work you are doing throughout this time. Anything you update on our website will continue to be fed through to our socials and get in touch, email@example.com if you want to flag up any emerging activity you’d like to tell us aboutAdvocacy and campaigning:
We are working with partners to amplify the immediate concerns of the sector and our membership. We have passed your concerns to the Treasury Committee, Creative Scotland and the Scottish Government and will continue to do so.
Over the past week we have been pushing for recognition and support for freelance and self-employed workers, but we realise that all aspects of the sector are facing severe impacts.
We would like to gather any questions or concerns you have around the UK Government’s Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, so that we can collate and pass them on by Friday 27th March. Does the scheme work for arts organisations? Do you have questions about how to implement it?
- Tell us your concerns by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 07957 652701Direct support:
- Creative Scotland has announced that it will be creating bridging funds, more information on which will be available soon.
- We are developing our programme for 2020/21 in light of the current crisis and will be sharing more as soon as we can.