- Surreal scenes from @ExhibitionDJCAD in Dundee. Don't miss 'We thrive' by Ingela Ihrman! https://t.co/Qu6WcV0VE1 https://t.co/UZcUGeri2O
- Tickets for SCAN Summit 2018 have all been snapped up - but you can join the waitlist, more tickets may come availa… https://t.co/laZDJHuHD0
- "We respect and value the diverse and powerful contribution that art and artists make to our society, culture and e… https://t.co/tj9qAhNlIS
Browse content by theme:
CCA Creative Lab Residences 2018-19: Call for Submissions
30 October, 2017–11 December, 2017
The Centre for Contemporary Arts in Glasgow invites submissions from artists to explore new ideas and methods in the Creative Lab residency space.
Artists working in or exploring live art, contemporary performance, movement, new theatre, film, video, time-based media and interdisciplinary projects are invited to submit proposals to be considered for a CCA Creative Lab residency.
Creative Lab objectives:
• An opportunity for emerging and established artists to have time to develop new ideas, rather than focusing on the final outcome.
• To give artists an opportunity to show their investigations to the public and peers for feedback.
• To provide networking opportunities with other users of the building, including artists, cultural tenants and other CCA contacts.
The Creative Lab space at the CCA is a light and versatile room approximately 7 m x 11.70m. Support for four out of eleven Creative Lab residencies can include use of a small residential space to sleep one person. The flat has availability in December 2018, Jan 2018 and Mar 2019. Technical assistance for sound and lighting can also be requested. Applicants should make it clear in the submissions if their Creative Lab would depend on technical or other provision. CCA has £500 allocated for each four-week Creative Lab, or £250 for a two-week residency (which should cover any production or technical costs for in-progress showings etc).
Dates: Eleven slots, up to four weeks each, April 2018 – March 2019.
The time slots for the Creative Lab space are on a fixed diary. Please let us know your preferred month from the list and we will notify you of the closest available slot. Please also indicate whether your require use of CCA’s artist flat – this is only available in December 2018, Jan 2018 and Mar 2019.
Applications from artists based in Scotland will be particularly welcome. The overall selection aims to find a balance in gender, age, artistic content, contemporary discourse and media. The applications are reviewed by CCA’s programme team: Alex Misick, Programme Coordinator; Viviana Checchia, Public Engagement Curator; Ainslie Roddick, Curator; and Francis McKee, Director.
• Time spent must be on development of the artist’s own, original work.
• Creative Lab time is for research rather than rehearsal time.
• We are primarily looking for artists who are unable to fit easily into theatre, poetry, dance as traditional categories. The focus is on the contemporary artist who specialises in the realisation of ideas, rather than pursuing a specialism.
• Artists will usually be required to share their work in a format to be discussed with the CCA, such as an open studio day, an artist’s talk, or a work-in-progress performance.
• Artists must also help with evaluation and provide appropriate documentation of their Creative Lab.
• Artists must conform to CCA’s Health & Safety rules and regulations.
• Equal Opportunities will be employed in the selection of these labs in line with CCA’s policies.
To submit a proposal:
Applications by email are preferred. Submissions should comprise of:
1 – A brief (maximum 2 sides A4) description of the work you would like to investigate, including the conceptual basis, content, art forms used, and how much time you would need. Please send this as a PDF document.
2 – A CV and list of artist’s experience, as a PDF document.
3 – Supporting material: Images of recent work and/or documentation of recent work in PDF format.
If appropriate, website, vimeo, soundcloud or dropbox links (or similar) to video documentation, moving image work and/or sound work
Hardcopy applications with CD/DVD documentation will be accepted but electronic application is preferred.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send hardcopy proposals to: Michael-Alan Read, Creative Lab, CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD.
Please provide a stamped self-addressed envelope if you wish CCA to return your supporting material.