- RT @CCScotland: OPPORTUNITY! Public #artcommission with @vastintuk and #GreenArts member @EdinburghPrints to respond to Fountainbridge's s…
- RT @StillsEdinburgh: 🗣️🗣️2019 AUTUMN/ WINTER COURSE DATES ARE ONLINE!! From DARKROOM, DIGITAL and ALTERNATIVE to SUPER 8, GRAPHIC DESIGN, S…
- Artist and musician Duncan Marquiss runs a #workshop which discovers sound and image at @CovePark on 30th July. Thi… https://t.co/EQ6XuVGdnN
Browse content by theme:
Exhibition Installation and Derig Volunteer
27 April, 2019–28 May, 2019
We are looking for an Exhibition Installation and Derig Volunteer to support Dovecot’s Exhibition Curator in the smooth transition between gallery exhibitions. This role is for July 2019.
To apply please complete the attached application form and it email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Tuesday 28 May 2019. There will be an informal meeting at Dovecot the following week with the Exhibition Curator and Front of House Coordinator.
Purpose of the role:
To support Dovecot’s Curator in the changeover of gallery exhibitions. Taking down and packing the previous exhibition, cleaning and preparing the gallery and installing the next exhibition.
This role will include some heavy lifting and art handling.
Main duties and activities:
• Condition checking – all objects must be checked in and out
• Receiving deliveries
• Art handling and packing/unpacking
• Preparing displays and labels
• Proofreading all supporting documentation (labels, exhibition handouts etc)
• Any ad-hoc duties that may arise (painting, cleaning spaces etc)
Hours or day(s) required:
Monday – Friday for one week (5 days in total)
10am – 5pm, including lunch break
There are 4 exhibitions a year and people only need to commit to one
Skills and Personal Qualities:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Active and hands-on
• Follow instructions well and be conscientious
• Volunteers must be aged over 18
There will be a thorough art handling and Health & Safety training session with Dovecot’s Curator and Front of House Team.
• A lanyard will be provided, please note comfortable clothes should be worn and sensible close-toed shoes
Due to the number of applications we are likely to receive we are unable to respond to everyone who applies. If you have not heard from us you have not been successful on this occasion.