- Ayesha Hameed’s moving image, performance and written work explore contemporary borders and migration, and visual c… https://t.co/r6bRa5hwJB
- 🌿@AnTallaSolais, in collaboration with @RoyalScotAcad, present a beautiful reflection upon our own relationship wit… https://t.co/yI4BvlQHh6
- RT @crypticglasgow: HOT OFF THE PRESS! Leading artists join fight against climate change for Cryptic's #BelowTheBlanket at @TheBotanics fro…
Browse content by theme:
OPEN CALL: Lumsden Residency 2019
4 February, 2019–27 February, 2019
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 27 February, 12 noon
The Lumsden Residency looks to support artists with collective learning and making practices, who are looking to develop and test out their modes of inquiry through residency at SSW and working with students at Lumsden Primary School. Together with the students, we welcome applications from artists that explore the multiple and expanded ways in which we can make, live and learn together.
There are three part-funded residencies available, each a month long, that run alongside our Summer Residency programme. During this time, the selected artists will facilitate one session with the students and have time to work on the development of their practice through research, experimentation and production.
The artists will then return to SSW in October to share their enquiries alongside the students as part of our 40th anniversary celebrations.
The Lumsden residency offers artists:
• A free four week residency during the Summer Residency programme
• Shared, simple self-catering accommodation and access to all SSW facilities
• Curatorial and technical support and mentoring
• A budget of £500 towards travel and materials
Artists will deliver:
• One session with Lumsden Primary School students during the residency period
• A public sharing of the research, activity or work generated through the residency at our 40th anniversary celebrations with the students at Lumsden Primary School.