- A new opportunity📣 - @talbotrice75 gallery is looking for 5 emerging Scotland based #artists to join them at the Un… https://t.co/Nm9PEJVOlo
- Last call 📢 @SSWLumsden is offering two Into the Mountain traineeships in partnership with @Mountain_Scot The aim i… https://t.co/pm2vBmdcXg
- Applications are now open for the next round of #Mandate! #Mandate funds people to attend events, to ensure that a… https://t.co/1OQRjmu5SJ
Browse content by theme:
Mount Stuart Trust: Emerging Artist Residency in Socially Engaged Practice.
6 June, 2019–12 July, 2019
Emerging Artist Residency in Socially Engaged Practice
Mount Stuart Trust’s Visual Arts Programme has an international reputation with eighteen years experience of working with established artists. In 2018, the programme was expanded to include artists at an earlier career stage. Following the success of the inaugural residency Mount Stuart Trust is delighted to run the residency again this year.
This specialist opportunity will give an emerging artist time and space to explore their practice in relation to Bute island communities and to this end will focus on socially engaged practice.
Length of residency: 4-8 weeks.
Date: from mid-October 2019.
Accommodation: will be provided
Fee: £472 per week.
To be eligible you should;
be based in Scotland or have attended a Scottish Art School
have graduated within the last five years
demonstrate a genuine commitment to socially engaged practice
commit to living on Bute for the duration of the residency.
An invited panel, in conjunction with Mount Stuart Trust, will select the successful candidate.
Applications are now invited and must include the following:
• CV , including two referees
• Letter of application demonstrating your commitment to and experience of socially engaged practice. And an outline of how you might approach working on Bute and any particular sector you would hope to engage with
• 6 images of work
Applications to be submitted to:
Morven Gregor, Visual Arts Coordinator. Mount Stuart Trust, Mount Stuart, Isle of Bute, PA20 9LR
Or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 12th July 2019
Successful candidate announced: 30th August 2019