- Open call for @SocietyScotArt Annual Exhibition Artists from across the world are invited to apply to be part of o… https://t.co/5bpimeI1PU
- Submissions for Issue 03 of @gaada_org's Quarantzine are now welcomed. Quarantzine is an ongoing, online, ‘zine o… https://t.co/PSMdQeD7LW
- RT @culturecounts: Our new Statistics page with data visualisations using open source sets on the cultural sector. https://t.co/le2iNK6ZXT…
Browse content by theme:
OPEN CALL: Cryptic Nights 2020/21
5 June, 2019–8 July, 2019
Cryptic is looking for creatively ambitious artists with innovative ideas for our 2020/21 Cryptic Nights Programme.
Cryptic Nights is an annual open call for emerging, Scottish-based artists to develop existing visual sonic work with support and mentoring from Cryptic.
Presented in partnership with the Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA) in Glasgow, we support talented artists with fresh ideas, crossing creative boundaries with live music, visual and sonic art. Since 2009, Cryptic Nights has presented over 270 artists to audiences of over 3,500.
Many Cryptic Nights’ artists have gone on to have highly successful careers, most notably Anna Meredith, Raydale Dower, Oliver Coates, James Houston, Mark Lyken, Rachel Maclean, Rory Middleton, Yann Seznec, Gail Sneddon and Robbie Thomson.
The next deadline for applications to Cryptic Nights is 12noon on Monday 8 July 2019.
We are looking for ambitious, emerging artists who create high quality, innovative visual work with original music or sound-based elements at it’s core. We are particularly interested in submissions that use technology in new and creative ways. With Cryptic’s support, artists will be guided in the development of an existing idea or piece of work.
Selected projects will receive:
- A guaranteed fee of £500 per performance/installation for a maximum of two performances with support, advice and space to take risks;
- Travel and accommodation expenses for artists based out with Glasgow where
- Venue, technical, PR and marketing support;
- A platform for your work supported by an experienced, international arts
- An opportunity to build a new audience for your work;
- Free entry to other Cryptic Nights throughout the year;
- Valuable opportunities to develop networks.
Whilst Cryptic Nights is mainly based in CCA, Glasgow, we are also interested in innovative, site-specific works. We do not support traditional theatre, dance or literature, and we prefer not to support work which has already been given a substantial platform or support from other arts organisations. We aim to fill a gap.
We understand that an artist’s creative career can emerge at any stage in life and our selection process reflects this. The Cryptic Nights programme is selected by a panel of arts professionals based on application criteria, quality of work and potential for development.
If you would like to apply, please download the submission guidelines from our website http://www.cryptic.org.uk/work-with-us/. If you require additional support in completing the application please contact Jennifer at email@example.com or phone 0141 354 0544.
Please consider the eligibility criteria and application content carefully before applying, ensuring you follow the guidelines. Cryptic is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes all submissions. We will work with all applicants to ensure their access needs are met during the selection process and will ensure that access requirements are not a factor in our decision making.
Applications should be sent as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The PDF file name and email subject line should read YOURNAME Cryptic Nights 2019/20 Application.
Deadline: 12noon Monday 8 July 2019
Please note late applications cannot be accepted