- Doro Zinn’s 'Save It For A Rainy Day' is an intimate portrait and story of the resilience of people in the #Gorbals… https://t.co/JMa7Aez7gf
- .@StillsEdinburgh are looking for an early-career #photographer to develop a new body of work that responds creativ… https://t.co/fFUmYL3mhL
- RT @StuMcMillanSNP: Here's this week's #FiveThings, which includes: - @RIGArtsGreenock & @sca_net🎨 - @RoyalMail📬 - @thebeaconarts🎭 - @Gree…
Browse content by theme:
Travelling Gallery Advisory Group members
16 January, 2019–16 February, 2019
Wanted: Travelling Gallery Advisory Group members.
Travelling Gallery is a contemporary art gallery in a bus. Since 1978 it has been bringing exhibitions into communities throughout Scotland. Having celebrated its 40th anniversary, Travelling Gallery is at an exciting but crucial junction in its journey. Looking ahead to the future, we are seeking new Advisory Group members, to share ideas, and help steer the much-loved bus.
Travelling Gallery is funded by Creative Scotland but is part of the City of Edinburgh Council Museums and Galleries division; therefore, we do not have a Board and the Advisory Group does not vote or govern. Members have an advisory capacity and have no decision-making responsibilities. Advisory Group members bring skills, inspiration and enhanced experience to the Travelling Gallery service. The roles are unpaid voluntary positions, but reasonable expenses are paid.
Travelling Gallery tours contemporary art exhibitions to schools, libraries, prisons, community and town centres across Scotland. We engage with a diverse audience and want our Advisory Group to reflect that. Therefore, we welcome interest from everybody including those who identify as having a disability and people of colour or from an ethnic minority, who are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We expect that different Advisory Group members will bring a range of skills and experience; and are looking for members who believe they can offer something in any of the following areas:
• Creative learning, whether at school, further education or community based.
• Development and fundraising
• Equality, diversity, and inclusion
• Marketing and advocacy for our values
• Environmental issues and awareness
• Transport including buses and large vehicles
If you believe that everyone should have access to art and want to be part of our unique organisation please send an email voicing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Advisory Group and the role you will play.
Deadline: 5pm 15th February 2019