- RT @cample_line: We've been honoured to participate in #ArtinAction, the vital campaign initiated by @sca_net this summer. Great to welcome…
- RT @engagevisualart: The line-up for the 2019 Edinburgh Art Festival is complete and features our members @jupiterartland @fruitmarket @Nat…
- RT @CCA_Glasgow: 💌 Welcome to your CCA email round-up! This time, we find ourselves channelling voices, making acts of repair and mired in…
Browse content by theme:
SCAN and Engage Scotland want to encourage new voices and leadership from within our networks whilst developing the skills and confidence of our community. The Mandate scheme funds people to attend events, to ensure that a wider range of opinions and experiences can feed into policy developments in Scotland and across the UK. It also supports the joint advocacy actions that we undertake to drive forward the Visual Arts Manifesto.
We can consider applications for attendance at:
• Events that explore policy and practice within the contemporary art sector and the wider creative industries,
• Events that connect with and drive forward the Visual Art Manifesto
• Events where participants build new networks and contacts whilst championing the role of artists and contemporary art.
However, we are really keen for applicants to suggest others and in particular apply for support to help them attend new or different events that help them develop new networks and contacts.
The scheme will cover:
• Event ticket costs up to £300 (where applicable) plus up to £200 for travel costs.
• A stipend of £170 per day will be available (pro rata for shorter events)
• Additional funding for childcare and access support is also available if applicable.
If you are successful we will ask you:
• To complete a short feedback form so that we can share your learning with our wider networks and further develop our ongoing campaigning and advocacy.
• To share the message of the Visual Arts Manifesto
Your attendance at the event will be shared on social media posts by the Mandate team (SCAN/Engage). We may also share quotes and images from your feedback form.
We will provide you with an advocacy briefing that details some of the current key issues affecting artists and art workers.
Who can apply?
All Scotland based contemporary art workers including artists, curators, facilitators/educators and producers who are unable to draw on institutional support for this activity and who are not in full-time education. Applicants are responsible for their own tax and National Insurance contributions.
We encourage applications from people at all stages of their careers and from under-represented groups and communities.
How to apply
Please complete the attached application form and submit by email to email@example.com by 12pm on or before the stated deadline.
Our next deadlines are:
1 July 2019 – For events after Monday 15 July 2019
(12pm on all dates)
1 October 2019-for events after Monday 21 October 2019
*We will consider an application out with the set deadlines in exceptional circumstances.
How will applications be assessed?
Representatives of SCAN and Engage Scotland will meet quarterly to check applications are eligible and meet the stated criteria.
In the event of us receiving more applications than we can fund priority will be given to:
• applicants working in an independent or freelance capacity
• applicants from underrepresented groups
• those who have made a strong case for how their attendance at the event will help drive forward the Visual Arts Manifesto demands.
How will the funds be paid?
Our preferred method of payment is by BACS in two instalments. The first instalment will cover any advance costs and the second instalment will be paid after the event and submission of your report. We will send you a payment form to give us your BACS details.
We regret that whilst we can support attendance at events across the UK we are unable to support international trips at this point.