- SCAN would like to welcome our newest member: @carlingfordart An Irish #artist living and working in #Scotland wit… https://t.co/K9TuzFfmUP
- #ArtInAction is all about getting MSPs out to see amazing art, that makes a real contribution to our communities.… https://t.co/8k396IkydY
- RT @FionaHyslop: Lovely visit to the new gallery space Cample Line near Thornhill. Met Tina Fiske and the galleries Young Assistants.Viewed…
Browse content by theme:
About: What is SCAN?
Scottish Contemporary Art Network is a member led network committed to championing and supporting the contemporary art sector in Scotland.
Our vision is that the role, impact and benefits of contemporary visual arts are widely recognised as central to society and that sector professionals based in Scotland are informed, innovative and supported to achieve their ambitions.
- Connect and unite the sector; sharing knowledge and developing shared sector goals and ambitions
- Champion and promote the sector; helping them to better evidence and articulate the artistic, social and economic impact of their activity
- Cultivate and support a diverse, highly innovative workforce and stronger infrastructure
- Corporate: SCAN is appropriately resourced to exceed the expectations of our members and stakeholders and we embed innovative equalities and environmental approaches across all aspects of our activity and approach
We provide the forum, impetus and support for the sector to pursue knowledge sharing, networking, research, professional development, and advocacy.
Our core, charitable purpose is;
- The advancement of contemporary visual art and culture
- The advancement of education
SCAN is delighted to welcome new members at any time.
Membership is open to organisations and individuals professionally committed to contemporary visual arts practice in Scotland. Further details on the benefits of joining SCAN and the membership fees can be found here.
View our videos on our Vimeo page