Joining SCAN is a commitment to the growth and development of contemporary art in Scotland.
Members are at the heart of everything we do, contributing to the energy, vision and ideas that drive the organisation.
Being a SCAN member provides a unique range of benefits. It allows you to:
- Connect with other visual art professionals across Scotland
- Stay informed about visual arts activity in Scotland, from work and professional development opportunities to exhibitions, talks and artists’ projects.
- Promote your own projects and activity through the SCAN website
- Feature your events, jobs and opportunities on our social media channels, reaching our online audience of 30,000 people
- Attend SCAN member gatherings, meet ups and online learning activities
- Contribute to SCAN activity and policy, with full voting rights at our AGM
- Be part of our case studies and help us to gather evidence when lobbying Scottish Government and other decision makers
Your membership fee goes toward our unrestricted income to help us to campaign on your behalf.
Your membership runs for one year from the date you sign up.
Types of membership
For small – large organisations:
Unfunded/voluntary collective £24.00 Organisational profile and one named member.
Small £60.00 Organisational profile and up to 2 named members. Recommended for organisations with a turnover up to £120,000
Affiliate £90.00 Organisational profile, 1 named member
Open to organisations such as public bodies, libraries, development agencies
Affiliate benefits are the same as member benefits excluding voting rights and attendance at member only events
Standard £120.00 Organisational profile and up to 4 named members. Recommended for organisations with a turnover up to £360,000
Large £240.00 Organisational profile and up to 6 named members.
Recommended for organisations with a turnover over £360,000
Concession £24.00 This applies to students, those on benefits, pensioners and anyone working part-time or independently on a very low income.
- * Assistance – we are here to answer any queries and happy to help assist you at any stage of joining – please don’t hesitate to contact us on [email protected] *